Superb 1940s French Art Deco Enfilade by Jean -Charles Moreux
A very good quality and retaining the original black marble top, circa 1945 French Art Deco cabinet / enfilade in sculpted limed oak, by the known French architect Jean-Charles Moreux.
The design of the doors being the same as an overhead view of one of his landscape designs. The two central doors opening to reveal a fixed shelve. the two side doors opening to reveal a fixed shelve and two drawers on each side.
This striking piece of furniture will make a statement in most settings.
Dimensions 100 cms High (39.0 inches) 241 cms Wide (94.0 inches) 51 cms Deep (19.9 inches)
Send EnquiryPrint this ItemBack+Wishlist
ROOM PREVIEW - Visualise how the item would look in your own surroundings
Jean-Charles Moreux (1889– 7 July 1956) was a French architect, and a representative of a rigorous and poetic classicism.
Gaining a diploma at the École des Beaux-arts de Paris in 1922, he was a friend of Jean Lurçat and worked for Jacques Doucet, baron Robert Rothschild and vicomte Charles de Noailles.
Saint-Cloud, maison Brugier, 1926-1927.
Saint-Leu-la-Fôret, auditorium for Wanda Landowska, 1926-1927 (private property).
Paris, avenue Marigny, hôtel particulier for baron Robert Rothschild, 1927-1928.
Château de Maulny at Montbizot, (Sarthe), 1929-1930.
Paris, villa Seurat, studio-house for the sculptor Robert Couturier, 1937-1938.
Saint-Germain-en-Laye La Thébaïde, hôtel particulier for the Véra brothers, (André and Paul), 1924.
Paris, Hôtel particulier for Bernard Reichenbach, rue Alfred-Dehodencq, 1930-1932.
Paris, 6, rue de Miromesnil, shop-front of Colette's shop, 1936
Paris, jardins des Gobelins (square René-Le Gall), 1936-1938.
Paris, pavillon de la Martinique, île des Cygnes, for the "exposition internationnale des arts et des techniques dans la vie moderne", 1937.
Cairo, open-air restaurant for the hôtel Sheperd, 1947-1948.
London, library of the Institut de France, Queensberry place, 1949-1950.
Paris, musée du Louvre, rearrangement of the salle Rubens, 1952–1953, (destroyed).
Paris, musée du Louvre, rotonde des Petits cabinets, 14 paintings from the studiolo of duke Federico da Montefeltro (1422–1482), 9 by Joos van Wassenhove and 5 attributed to Pedro Berruguete, 1953 (arrangement destroyed).
Hamburg, St. Ansgar's and St. Bernard's Church, compleded 1955.
Susan Day, Jean-Charles Moreux architecte-décorateur-paysagiste, Ed. Norma, 1999.
Histoire de l'architecture (PUF, 1968, 10 édition)
The decorative panels for this hôtel would later be conserved at the musée Véra in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, which no longer exists.
With Bolette Natanson.
Flemish-style frames by Emilio Terry.